Alexandra Hospital has four Major Operating Theatres, housed in the southern end of Block 6, at the eastern wing of the hospital's building.
Two theatres, MOT 1-2, are on Level 2, while the other two, MOT 3-4, are on Level 3.
Operating Theatres 1, 2, and 3 are used for general surgery and ear, nose and throat procedures.
General surgery procedures include the following:
- Hernia Surgery (All types)
- Perianal Conditions – Fistula and Sinus
- Appendectomy (Elective only)
- Cholecystectomy (Laparoscopy and Open)
- Simple Breast Surgery (Wide local excision without VIR localization)
- Excision Biopsy – Lumps and Bumps
- Drainage of Abscesses (Except facial)
Ear, nose and throat procedures include the following:
- Conventional Septoplasty, Inferior Turbinoplasty
- EUA hemostasis/ Cautery (no post FESS bleeding)
- Myringoplasty and Tympanoplasty, Ear Wax
- Tonsilllectomy and Adenoidectomy
- Submandibualr gland excision
- Preauricular sinus/Keloid/Sebaceous cyst/lipoma excision
- Cervical Lymph Node Excision Biopsy
Major Operating Theatre 4 is used for orthopaedic procedures, which include the following:
- OA Knee
- Management of simple, uncomplicated shoulder, elbow, knee
- Management of sports related orthopaedic injuries and conditions
- Excision of benign tumour
- Management of simple, uncomplicated foot and ankle conditions
- Bony, soft tissue reconstructions, tendon transfers, corrective surgery of various degenerative conditions
Major Operating Theatres 1 and 2 are located at Level 2 of Block 6. Take Lift 5 to Level 2, then turn right, and turn left.
Major Operating Theatre 3 and 4 are located at Level 3 of Block 6. Take Lift 5 to Level 3, then turn right, and turn left.
The virtual tour for our Major Operating Theatres is coming soon.