How do I get admitted to Alexandra Hospital?
You may be admitted to our wards at Alexandra Hospital either from within (at our Urgent Care Centre, Ambulatory Service Centre, or other outpatient clinics) or outside the hospital (from public healthcare institutions, community hospitals, or nursing homes), when a doctor declares that it is necessary.
Getting Admitted |Changing Your Admission | Things To Bring | Things Not To Bring | Our Wards
Our staff will be at hand to take you through the process of admission. They may also provide information regarding your appointment dates, financial counselling, the estimated cost of your bill, and how you may pay it, as well as letting you know what you need to prepare for admission.
If you need to cancel or postpone your admission appointment, please contact the staff at the respective outpatient clinics as soon as possible.
You will need to bring the original copies of the following documents, so that you can register your admission:
- Admission and Financial Counselling Form
- Permanent Resident documents/NRIC/Birth Certificate (if you are under 15 years old)
- Valid notification letter from work permit department (if you are a temporary work permit holder)
- Passport/Employment Pass/Work Permit/Department Pass (if you are not a Singapore citizen)
- Insurance card/Employer's Guarantee Letter (if you are settling your bills through insurance or employer's coverage)
- Medical Benefits documents, e.g. Civil Service Card (CSC), Hospitalisation Identity Card (HIC) or Blood Donor Card
You may also wish to bring along the following necessities:
Please do not bring valuables or excessive cash for your stay. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage to your personal property while in the premises of the hospital.
We are currently operating a total of 7 inpatient wards (including one Intensive Care Unit and one isolation ward) at Alexandra Hospital, which can serve up to 176 patients.
Ward Type ||
| Ward 7|
| Ward 7|
|Wards 4 and 5, 10
(undergoing refurbishment) and 12|
|Wards 2 and 3, 11 (undergoing refurbishment) and 13|
No. of beds per room || 1|
| 5 to 6|
| 5 to 6 (Open ward) |
Choice of food || Yes (excluding patients on therapeutic diets)|
Ventilation || Air conditioned|
| Ceiling fan |
Toilets || Attached to room || Shared toilet|
Amenities || Individual phone and television || Shared television in common lounge |
Toiletries || Provided to patient|
| Not provided |